Spring Break was wonderful! John and I spent some time in Houston visiting my family and friends (pictures and details to come) and then we got to relax and be productive for the rest of the week.
Being in Houston with the sunny warm weather spoiled us. We actually wore shorts home on the airplane hoping that we would be pleasantly surprised when we got off the plane....but that didn't happen. We ended up in baggage claim digging through our suitcases looking for our pants and sweatshirts to layer on before we went outside. This past weekend I just about had a cow when it snowed (yet again..) blizzard style on Saturday. Don't get me wrong..I love the snow...in December when you want to be stuck inside and snuggled up...NOT in March (nearly April!) when you want to be outside playing and wearing shorts! Thankfully, all of my gripping on Saturday payed off because Sunday was beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed the day outside. In fact, we spent the day (yes the ENTIRE day) installing new outdoor lighting. It actually turned into a neighborhood gathering with half our street camped out in our driveway keeping us entertained while we trudged through the very detailed and looong assembly process. We are so very grateful to have such great neighbors! Here are a few shots of our schizophrenic weather and light installation!
Saturday...

Sunday...




I must admit though, the best part about Sunday was getting to go spend time with our dear friends Kate and Dave and their new baby boy William who arrived on Thursday! I didn't get a chance to take any pictures while we were there, but these were some that they took when leaving the hospital...precious! 

Monday, March 30, 2009
Sunshine and Flowers
Posted by Emily at 10:10 PM