Owen and I got an unexpected treat a few weekends ago and were able to fly to Houston for a few days to visit my family and friends! The thought of flying with a 6 week old baby was a bit daunting at first, but he did so great on the plane! He actually slept the entire way there and back on the plane. I was very grateful for that considering I was dreading being "that parent" with the screaming kid on the plane that everyone hates. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of us at the airport..I was a bit preoccupied trying to survive the security check points and what-not while holding my child (I hope all of you blog Nazis will forgive me!). The trip was AMAZING! I got to not only spend time with my parents, but was able to introduce Owen to some of my best friends. Lauren and Katie took every chance they could to smooch on him.
My friend Megan, who delivered her baby boy Jacob in September (during Hurricane Ike!!), was able to come spend a couple days with us. It was so great to see her and we had a blast watching Owen and Jacob try to figure each other out.


Whoever says that babies all look the same is definitely WRONG...I mean seriously look at how different these two are!
Megan bought them matching outfits and during their photo shoot, Jacob (who is teething right now) started chewing on Owen's arm! It was hilarious to watch Owen's reaction to it all.
Owen also got to meet his Nana Connie (my mom's best friend), who he later christened during a diaper change!
It was a very special weekend and I thank all of you who gave up your weekends on such short notice to spend time with us!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
First Flight....to Houston!
Posted by Emily at 7:06 PM